Join in the Groundhog Day celebration and stay in a
Punxsutawney, PA bed and breakfast. Punxsutawney was originally a
campsite halfway between the Allegheny and Susquehanna rivers. It is located
on the earliest known trail to the East, the Shamokin path. The Indians called
the location, ‘Ponksaduteney’. In the mid 19th century
agriculture and lumbering flourished. Forests of oak, chestnut, beech, pine,
and hickory were cut and rafted to Pittsburgh. Mining and railroads were the
keys to the economy from the late 1800's to the 1940's. The Industrial growth
of Punxsutawney reached its zenith in the 1920's, and Punxsutawney was a
thriving small city until 1929 brought economic disaster. Groundhog Day began
on February 2nd, 1886 with a terse paragraph in The Punxsutawney Spirit, "
Today is Groundhog Day and up to the time of going to press, the beast has not
seen its shadow." The legendary first trek to Gobbler's Knob was
reportedly made the following year, and the rest is a colorful history.
You will be glad you chose a PA Mid-State Bed and
Breakfast rather than a typical hotel. The member Innkeepers are dedicated
to making your stay a memorable experience.
(Click on any B&B Name to open their web site in a new Window)
|Bed & Breakfast||Picture of the B&B |
|Jackson Run Bed and Breakfast|
● Located in Punxsutawney
363 Jackson Run Road
Punxsutawney, PA 15767
3 Rooms ● Rates $75.00 - $150.00
● Come enjoy this Punxsutawney, PA Bed and Breakfast located near the home of the famous Punxsutawney Phil. With three bedrooms and a spacious kitchen, you will find the accommodations very comfortable. You can also walk through the apple orchard.
● 15 Miles - 20 Minutes away.
2416 East Run Road
Marion Center, PA 15759
3 Rooms ● Rates -
● We offer one of the most enjoyable experiences in the beautiful Western Pennsylvania area. Built in 1968, by John Farnsworth on fifth generation property, the house and adjoining workrooms served Farnsworth's restoration business for player pianos
|The Inn at Narrows Creek|
● 20 Miles - 30 Minutes away.
44 Narrows Creek Lane
Route 255 North
DuBois, PA 15801
814-590-0990 Check Availability
6 Rooms ● Rates $85.00 - $125.00
● Re-creation of an 18th century New England country inn and tavern - beautiful landscaping, perennial gardens, ponds - all rooms decorated with antiques, reproductions, and primitive folk art - breakfast served in your room - country store on premises.
|Victorian Loft Bed & Breakfast|
● 37 Miles - 45 Minutes away.
216 S. Front Street
Clearfield, PA 16830
814-765-4805 Check Availability
5 Rooms ● Rates $90.00 - $185.00
● 1894 riverfront Victorian B&B in historic district within walking distance to downtown, restaurants and theaters. Off-premises private lodging at Second Street Suite and 3 BR mountain cabin, Cedarwood Lodge.